Category: Nigeria news
-
Cross River Launches Stakeholder Engagement on First-Ever State Trade Policy
The Cross River State Government has begun a comprehensive stakeholder consultation aimed at developing its first-ever State Trade Policy, designed to reposition the state’s economy for competitiveness, inclusivity, and sustainable growth. The engagement, held Thursday at the Pristine Villa Events Centre in Calabar, brought together top government officials, private sector leaders, academics, and development partners
-
Is ADC Really Tinubu’s Puppet? Opinions Divide Over Peter Obi’s 2027 Strategy
Omoyele Sowore, activist and owner of Sahara Reporters, recently claimed in a Channels TV interview that President Bola Tinubu allegedly has “complete control” over the African Democratic Congress (ADC), suggesting that the party’s top politicians may secretly be working for him. The assertion has sparked debate among political analysts and Nigerians alike. Sowore’s allegation raises
-
Edo Community Rejects Alleged Plan to Create Emirate Structure
Elders of Imiakebu community in Etsako East Local Government Area of Edo State have rejected alleged plans to collapse the Three Ibies federated clan structure into what they described as an “emirate dynasty.” Their reaction followed last week’s announcement by the Ogieaga of Three Ibies, Mallam Ali Suleiman, renaming the clan from Three Ibies to
-
Over 34 Million Nigerians Projected to Face Severe Food Crisis by Mid-2026
A new food security analysis has projected that 34.7 million Nigerians across 27 states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) could face severe food and nutrition insecurity between June and August 2026. The alarming forecast was released in the latest Cadre Harmonisé (CH) report, presented during a workshop in Abuja on Friday. The report also reveals that
-
Flamingos Return Home After U-17 Women’s World Cup Exit
Nigeria’s U-17 women’s national team, the Flamingos, have returned to the country following their elimination from the 2025 FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup. The team and their officials arrived at the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja, on Friday morning after bowing out in the Round of 16. Coach Bankole Olowookere’s girls were knocked out of
-
Falana Condemns Demolitions, Says No Governor or Minister Can Destroy Property Without Court Order
Human rights lawyer Femi Falana, SAN, has declared that the recent waves of house demolitions in Abuja and Lagos are illegal and unconstitutional. In a television interview on Friday, Falana stated that no governor or minister holds the power to demolish any house without first obtaining a valid court order. He condemned the reported midnight
-
Reno Omokri Under Fire After Denying Alleged Genocide in Plateau
A prominent Plateau State cleric, Rev. Ezekiel Dachomo, has condemned former presidential aide Reno Omokri for publicly denying claims of a targeted campaign of killings against Christians in Plateau State, warning that Omokri will face divine judgment if he does not repent. Rev. Dachomo, Regional Chairman of the Church of Christ in Nations (COCIN) in
-
My Husband Will Be on the Ballot in 2027 – Mrs. Adebayo
The wife of the Social Democratic Party (SDP) 2023 presidential candidate, Mrs. Lilian Adebayo, has declared that her husband, Prince Adewole Adebayo, will contest again for Nigeria’s presidency in the 2027 general elections. Speaking in Abuja after receiving an award of honour from the Forum of SDP State Chairmen, led by Lagos Chairman Hon. Femi
-
‘Nigeria is Worth Fighting For,’ Says Outgoing Defence Chief Musa in Emotional Farewell
Retired General Christopher Musa, the immediate past Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), delivered an impassioned farewell address, declaring Nigeria a nation “worth fighting for” and urging soldiers to remain steadfast in their duty. The call was made during his Pulling-Out Parade in Abuja on Friday, marking the end of his distinguished 39-year military career. Gen.
-
Kogi Poly Investigates Nine in Certificate Racketeering Syndicate
The Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja, has launched a major investigation into a certificate racketeering syndicate, with nine suspects currently under scrutiny for alleged document falsification and forgery. Professor Salisu Ogbo, the Rector of the Polytechnic, disclosed this during a press conference on Friday, revealing that the scheme involved both staff and students. Breakdown of the
Recent Posts
- Real Madrid Top Earners Globally as Liverpool Surpasses Manchester United

- Andoni Iraola’s Future at Bournemouth Remains Uncertain Amid Transfer and Contract Questions

- “Over 5,000 Men Want to Marry Me” — Nkechi Blessing Cries Out Over DM Flood
- Fela’s Daughter Fires Back at Wizkid Amid Seun Kuti Feud
- Chioma Sparks Reactions With Humorous Response to Unwanted DMs


Hi, this is a comment. To get started with moderating, editing, and deleting comments, please visit the Comments screen in…