-

Trump Seeks $100bn in Venezuela Oil Investment, But Exxon Warns Country ‘Uninvestable’
US President Donald Trump has asked for at least $100 billion in oil industry spending to unlock Venezuela’s oil reserves. However, top executives from major US oil firms voiced caution, describing the South American nation as “uninvestable” under current conditions. What Trump Wants Trump envisions US control over Venezuelan oil sales after a raid on
-
Ondo Judiciary Paralyzed Amid Accusations Against Governor Aiyedatiwa
Ondo State’s justice system has come to a near-total halt as judicial workers accuse Governor Lucky Aiyedatiwa of deliberately undermining the judiciary through drastic budget cuts, partial financial autonomy, and neglect of welfare. The state judiciary’s proposed budget was slashed from ₦17 billion in 2025 to ₦9.5 billion for 2026, a reduction of nearly 45%,
-

UK Could Ban Elon Musk’s X Over Deepfake AI, Minister Warns
The UK government has raised the prospect of blocking Elon Musk’s social media platform X after its AI chatbot, Grok, was used to generate non-consensual sexualized images, including images of children, officials say. Technology Secretary Liz Kendall said she would fully back Ofcom if it decides to restrict access to X in the UK for
-

One Month On: Australia’s Teen Social Media Ban and Its Impact
For many Australian teenagers, life has changed dramatically in the first month since the government introduced its under-16 social media ban. Some, like 14-year-old Amy from Sydney, describe feeling “disconnected from my phone” and free from the pressures of daily social media use, while others find workarounds to maintain their online presence. Teenagers Adjust to
-

Diocese of Oxford Opens Public Consultation Ahead of Bishop Appointment
The Diocese of Oxford has launched a public consultation to gather opinions from the local community ahead of the appointment of a new bishop this year. The diocese is encouraging people of all faiths—or none—to share their views on the qualities and vision they would like to see in the next Bishop of Oxford. The
-
Police Arrest Six Suspected Kidnappers, Rescue Three Victims in Nasarawa
The Nigerian Police have arrested six suspected kidnappers and rescued three abducted victims during a joint security operation in Nasarawa State. Police operatives attached to the Assakio Division in Lafia East Development Area, working alongside local vigilante groups, carried out the operation after receiving distress calls from residents of Angara and Fadaman Bauna communities. According
-

Portland Immigration Agent Shooting: Victims Linked to Venezuelan Gang, Officials Say
A man and woman shot by a U.S. immigration agent in Portland, Oregon, on Thursday have been identified by officials as having ties to the Venezuelan criminal gang Tren de Aragua, according to law enforcement sources and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Portland Police Chief Bob Day confirmed in a Friday press briefing that
-
Rivers Assembly Confirms Fubara’s Impeachment Process Ongoing, Dismisses Suspension Claims
The Rivers State House of Assembly has clarified that the impeachment process against Governor Siminalayi Fubara and his deputy, Prof. Ngozi Nma Odu, is ongoing, dismissing reports suggesting the process has been suspended or abandoned as false and misleading. In a statement issued on Friday, the Assembly said the impeachment exercise, which officially began on
-

ICE Agent in Minneapolis Shooting Previously Dragged by Vehicle in June Incident
The Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agent involved in the fatal shooting of 37-year-old Renee Nicole Good in Minneapolis this week was previously injured in the line of duty during a high-risk operation in June 2025, according to federal court records. Federal authorities have not publicly confirmed the officer’s name, but court documents identify Jonathan
-

India Pushes Back on Trump Aide’s Claim Over US Trade Deal Stalemate
India has rejected claims by US Commerce Secretary Howard Lutnick that the stalled trade deal between the United States and India was due to Prime Minister Narendra Modi not calling President Donald Trump. The remarks, made during a recent podcast, suggested that the bilateral deal was nearly finalized but faltered because of Modi’s reluctance to
Recent Posts
- Real Madrid Top Earners Globally as Liverpool Surpasses Manchester United

- Andoni Iraola’s Future at Bournemouth Remains Uncertain Amid Transfer and Contract Questions

- “Over 5,000 Men Want to Marry Me” — Nkechi Blessing Cries Out Over DM Flood
- Fela’s Daughter Fires Back at Wizkid Amid Seun Kuti Feud
- Chioma Sparks Reactions With Humorous Response to Unwanted DMs


Hi, this is a comment. To get started with moderating, editing, and deleting comments, please visit the Comments screen in…